BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

".No matter what happens, love can break any boundaries."

Chapter 50 - The End

Richard looked up from the table. He was speechless. Shocked. The question was unexpected but Isabelle was firm. She wanted an answer. She needed an answer. It lingered on her mind for almost a year. Everything that was happening in the chariot. Every single detail involving her and her so - called mystery guy Miguel. She wanted to know what was the real score. What were all those stares and touches in almost every single ride towards The Academy. What did all those "signals" and "signs" mean. Why they never even communicated. He didn't even ask for her name let alone say a mere "hello" to her and yet he would make eye contact or show body languages that made Isabelle's heart beat to a rhythm. It was the moments at the chariot that started it all. That made Isabelle confused on who her heart belongs to. On which person she would fall in love with. All she needed was an explanation. Why nothing ever happened in the chariot, no advancement to the next step just some petty signs. She wanted to know what was happening in the chariot, happening between her and Richard.

"What are you talking about?", Richard asked confusion present on his face. Isabelle was even more confused. What kind of response was that? Was Richard drunk every single day that he didn't remember the simple moments they had? Those looks he would give to Isabelle and the simple touches his hand would place over hers. Isabelle saddened then became angry.

"What do you mean 'what am I talking about?'", Isabelle asked fiercely, "Don't you remember anything? Haven't you been paying attention to everything that was happening in the chariot? Those things you have been doing, that we've been doing? The stares, the touches, the times we've sat side by side? Don't you recognize me at all?"

Isabelle's eyes were starting to blur. She felt tears streaming down like a waterfall. She couldn't believe Richard. Was all that had happened her imagination? Maybe this whole thing was just a dream. An illusion.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what you're talking about. Maybe you've mistaken me for another person. I seriously haven't known you until now."

"Look again Richard. Are you sure? You just met me?! The chariot, Richard. The village. Our village. The chariot we ride everyday to school. Remember?"

Richard bit his lip. He looked at Isabelle. Really looked at her. And he can't help but feel a recognition. He did know her. He saw her everyday. How could he be so stupid not to recognize her at that very instant they saw one another. He shook his head.

"I remember now. You're that girl. My mystery girl. The girl I've wanted to talk to but didn't have to guts to carry on with it. You were always at that side of the chariot where the sun would strike and I couldn't see much of your face or you would be beside me so I couldn't turn my head and see your face. I was stupid. Stupid not to talk to you. Stupid to give those stares while getting your hopes up and not even doing any action. But I was scared. Scared of rejection. I guess you could call it an ego. I'm sorry I didn't recognize you. Sorry for all the signs I made that never led to anything."

This time it was Isabelle who was speechless. What was she suppose to say? An apology? Forgiveness? What was to respond to what Richard had told her. Her question was answered that's for sure. But was it really the response she was hoping for? She didn't feel anything. It was an apology. Richard was giving her an apology. He was saying sorry for what he had done. He was asking for forgiveness for getting her hopes up. Giving her an answer she never dreamed of hearing.

"Sorry? That's it? Your asking for my forgiveness? Well then with that explanation. What else can I say? You were forgiven from very moment you left my heart beat for you. From that first look we've given each other". Isabelle and Richard were standing. The conversation was intense. They didn't notice that there hands were rolled to fists and eyes surrounded them. They didn't care. For a year they have been waiting for this to come. The confrontation. But Isabelle just became disappointed. It wasn't the answer she was hoping for. What did he expect? Isabelle would smile and put everything behind her? He made her fall in love and wishing that one day the time would come when they would be together and all he could say was an explanation.

Isabelle shook her head and started to leave. She ran. Richard chased her. Tears were streaming down her face. The lovely evening turned out to be a nightmare. She ran fast never looking back. Her heart was shattering. She didn't want to look at Richard nor did she want another ride in the chariot. But Richard was fast and caught up with her. He got her hand and pulled her towards him. Isabelle still didn't look up.

"Look I'm sorry okay. I didn't mean to hurt you.", Richard said pleadingly.

"I told you you're forgiven. It's fine. Just leave me alone.", Isabelle's voice croaked.

"Why?"

"Just leave okay. I shouldn't have expected anything from you. I just kept hoping. I kept on expecting that something would happen. And it turned out like this. It's better if we just forget about this. Forget about everything. It's better this way."

Isabelle started to leave again. But Richard held her hand tight.

"I'm not gonna lose you. Now that we've finally met one another."

"Look. It would be easier if we just forget about it. okay?"

"No it's not okay. Isabelle I love you".

Isabelle froze. He said her name. She looked up and Richard's eyes were staring toward hers hitting her heart. It started beating again. And the shattered pieces started assembling itself. It finally found its match. Isabelle didn't know what to do. Her guy. The mystery guy she'd been dreaming for months finally said what she'd been waiting for. 3 words. Those 3 words made her feel like the only girl in the world. The happiest girl in the world. And the most special person in the life of one guy. Isabelle couldn't help but hug him. They hugged under the moonlight. Their hearts beat as one. Her choice. The choice of her heart. Richard.

"I love you too.", Isabelle said with a faint whisper.

0 comments:

(based on a true story of my friend)