BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 23, 2009

".Nobody can hear their heartbeat they can only feel it."

Chapter 41 - Competition

There were pictures being taken, essays written and news broadcasting done all over the place - and it was only 7am. Everything was laid out in front of them: what to do, where to do it and how much time they would perform the given task. Isabelle was prepped up for the Press Conference. She entered the Photojournalism category. She held her camera tightly and started to take photographs. The competition did not start yet, they were still being oriented and trained. She was accompanied by her other schoolmates. All of them tensed and ready to defend their school.

Isabelle sat on an empty bench and opened her camera. She needed to place film in it. She carefully got the film but as she was about to insert it, the film slipped and rolled from her hands. It stopped as a boy picked it up.

"I'm guessing this is yours.", said he.

"Yes. Thank you.", Isabelle answered as she got it from his hand.

"I didn't tell you to take it. Did I? I'm Jase by the way. What's your name?", he said with a big grin.

"Isabelle. Now, give me that film. I need it very much right now.", Isabelle said with a little irritation to her voice.

"Haha. Okay. Sorry". Jase said still with the same smile.

Isabelle snatched it from his hand and placed it angrily in her camera. She got up from the bench and walked towards the room where the contest was to be held.

"Hey wait! I'm sorry. I just wanted to be friends. I'm part of the team anyways. Sorry." Jase said with sad eyes this time.

Isabelle was rushing then.

"Yeah sure. Just don't do it again. Good luck in your category!"

"Thanks! And don't worry. You'll be my inspiration the whole time I'd be writing my story." Jase said with the same smile that could mean trouble.

0 comments:

(based on a true story of my friend)